BROWSE OUR HEALTH AND SAFETY STANDARDS
our approach places safety first
At Carpe Diem Santorini, our utmost priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have developed our safety policy based on the guidelines of the Greek government, the World Health Organization (WHO), the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our COVID-19 Policy is accredited with the Health First certification which ensures that the hotel is implementing the national guidelines for COVID-19 prevention throughout its operation, as announced by the Greek government on 21 April 2021.
The rigorous protocols combined with the property layout create an ideal setting for a safe and relaxing stay; each of our 10 suites is accessed separately through wide outdoor walkways and is equipped with its own private pool and terrace. Meanwhile, our common areas are airy, with plenty of outdoor space to dine at and relax.
Update 13th August 2021: no walk-ins are allowed and guests may visit the property for accommodation and/or food and drink by making a reservation with us in advance. Suppliers, partners and others may only enter the property when it is absolutely necessary (such as in the case of maintenance work) by showing us a same-day negative rapid test, regardless of their vaccination status. Masks must be worn by everyone at all times (only seated guests are exempt from this rule).
Important | COVID-19 testing: Both rapid and PCR tests are available upon request. For more information, please contact our team.
To ensure your safety while staying at Carpe Diem Santorini, we created a 21-step protocol after reviewing each step of your journey from arrival to departure.
keeping you safe
- Physical distancing measures in all common areas
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available throughout the property
- Increased cleaning and disinfection in common areas, with special attention to high-touch areas
- Increased natural ventilation in all areas
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment by all team members
- Extensive staff training for the new procedures and appointment of supervisor
- Weekly self-tests and daily temperature checks for staff members
- Material for COVID-19 preventive measures distributed to suppliers and contractors
- Protective screen installed at reception
- Online and outdoor check-in options available
- Contactless check-out and cashless payment options
- Enhanced guestroom cleaning and disinfection procedures with the use of certified products and steam cleaner
- In-room tablet for placing room service orders, requests, and accessing the guest directory
- Implementation of strict food safety measures and HACCP system
- Exclusively a la carte dining for all outlets and digital QR menus
- Contactless room service
- Private service delivery of Althea Wellness & Fitness treatments, at the guest’s open air terrace
- Rigorous pool water treatment schedule
- Adjusted capacity and spacing of tables and sunbeds in common areas
- Daily guestroom cleaning and turndown services available only upon request
- Plan in the event of development of suspected symptoms by a guest or staff member, as provided by the National Organisation for Public Health