BROWSE OUR HEALTH AND SAFETY STANDARDS
our approach places safety first
At Carpe Diem Santorini, our utmost priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working hard with a team of technology experts, doctors, and independent consultants, to adjust our services and operations to the needs of social distancing.
Our rigorous Health & Safety protocols are accredited with the Health First certification, based on the guidelines of the Greek government, the World Health Organization (WHO), the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The use of face masks is mandatory in all common areas of the hotel (indoor & outdoor), in accordance with current national guidelines.
We request all our guests to undergo a contactless temperature check upon arrival at the hotel.
The property layout creates an ideal setting for a safe and relaxing stay; each of our 10 exclusive suites is accessed separately through wide outdoor walkways and is equipped with its own private pool and terrace. Common areas are airy, with plenty of outdoor space to dine in and soak up the sun.
To ensure your safety while staying at Carpe Diem Santorini, we have carefully reviewed each step of your journey from arrival to departure and created a 21-step protocol for your 2021 escape.
keeping you safe
- Physical distancing measures in all common areas
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available throughout the property
- Increased cleaning and disinfection in common areas, with special attention to high-touch areas
- Increased natural and mechanical ventilation in all areas
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment by all team members
- Extensive staff training for the new procedures and appointment of supervisor
- Daily temperature checks of team members
- Material for COVID-19 preventive measures distributed to suppliers and contractors
- Protective screen installed at reception
- Online and outdoor check-in options available
- Contactless check-out and cashless payment options
- Enhanced guestroom cleaning and disinfection procedures with the use of certified products and steam cleaner
- In-room tablet and smartphone for placing room service orders, requests, and accessing the guest directory
- Implementation of strict food safety measures and HACCP system
- Exclusively a la carte dining for all outlets and digital QR menus
- Contactless room service
- Private use only of Althea Wellness & Fitness area
- Rigorous pool water treatment schedule
- Adjusted capacity and spacing of tables and sunbeds in common areas
- Daily guestroom cleaning and turndown services available only upon request
- Protocol in place with medical partner for handling a guest who is presumptive for COVID-19